Fueling Change: A small gauge that can make a big difference
Over the course of the next four months Green Venture will be participating in the Shell Fuelling Change project that could see us be the beneficiaries of a $25,000 grant. In the past you have supported Green Venture and now we’re looking for your help! Money will be granted on a vote driven basis and we could use your simple click of a button.
Did you know that the average person is emitting 10% more CO2 when driving their car due to underinflated tires? That means a bigger dent in your wallet and a bigger impact on our environment. Green Venture has been running Tire Pressure clinics at local store parking lots where we can teach people how to use a tire pressure gauge and how to inflate their tires to the optimum level all in fewer than 10 minutes. The fact of the matter is that we are not going to stop driving our cars any time soon, so for the time being it is essential that we’re doing all that we can to make our driving as eco-friendly as possible to ensure a clean commute.
Here’s where we need your help: Green Venture is hoping to ramp up the number of free public events titled ‘Where the Rubber Hits the Road’ so we can teach the public these vital car cares skills as well as safe fuel efficient driving behaviours. By following these simple steps you can support Green Venture’s push for change.
- Log onto http://fuellingchange.com/
- Click the login/register button
- Enter an e-mail address and password
- You’ll receive an e-mail from Fueling Change with instructions. Just for signing up you will receive 50 votes!
- Type ‘Green Venture’ into Fueling Change website search box
- Assign your votes and make sure to check out the other exciting projects as well!