Taking the bus: its easier than it seems!
Green Venture is partnering with the Hamilton Council on Aging, New Horizons of Canada, the City of Hamilton and Metrolinx to deliver workshops aimed at encouraging older adults to include taking the bus as one of their transportation options.
Nine free workshops will be offered at different locations in the City of Hamilton from October 25 through November 29. All workshops will be accompanied by a bus trip to a surprise destination and include a complimentary lunch!
The goal of the project is to support social participation and inclusion by providing information and practical
experience on using the bus system to navigate around the city.
- Thursday October 25 11:30am-3:00pm Dundas Public Library, 18 Ogilvie Street
- Wednesday October 31 11:00am-2:30pm CityHousing Hamilton, 226 Rebecca Street, 11th Floor
- Wednesday November 7 12:15pm-3:30pm Bennetto Recreation Centre, 450 Hughson Street North
- Thursday November 8 10:30am-2:00pm Meadowlands Retirement Home, 1248 Mohawk Road West
- Wednesday November 14 10:30am-2:00pm New Village Retirement Home, 490 Highway 8
- Tuesday November 20 11:30am-3:00pm Ryerson Community Centre, 251 Duke Street
- Tuesday November 27 10:30am-2:00pm YWCA Seniors Centre, 52 Ottawa Street North
- Thursday November 29 10:30am-2:00pm Sackville Hill Seniors Centre, 780 Upper Wentworth Street
- Thursday November 29 10:30am-2:00pm YWCA Seniors Centre, 75 MacNab Street South
HSR BUSES ARE:
√ Easy and Convenient
√ Socially Responsible
√ A Healthy Choice