Get Involved in Planning Open Streets #HamOnt
As a proud partner of Open Streets Hamilton, Green Venture is encouraging residents (yes you!) to get involved and help make Open Streets Hamilton a continued success.
This event is only going to be possible with help from you, so get involved today!
A volunteer planning meeting is scheduled for this Thursday April 4th. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to become part of this dynamic team of volunteers (even if you are unable to make the meeting this Thursday, there are many ways that you can help).
Open Streets Wants You…
…to join our 2013 team!
We hope you’re coming to Open Streets Hamilton: James Street North! Apply now and tell us how you’d like to help us open the street!
WHO – Open Streets Hamilton Community Organization is a volunteer-run, registered non-profit organization. We are a community-based partnership dedicated to promoting active, healthy and inclusive lifestyles by temporarily transforming streets into a shared space for everyone to experience. Our motto is “Make the Streets Your Playground”. Sunday, June 23rd, 2013, will mark our 7th car-free Sunday in Hamilton since June 2010!
Open Streets Hamilton is part of a network of events taking place all over the world to re-purpose streets for fun, active, and creative activities! Click here to see more about events like this across North America! Open Streets Hamilton is looking for volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Media & Sponsorship (assist in recruiting paid and in-kind sponsors, arrange media coverage for event day, write press releases, ensure sponsor recognition on event day)
- Street & Logistics (create street design for programming and amenities, arrange equipment for event day, set up/tear down of equipment, coordinate drop off/pick up on event day)
- Communications & Outreach (assist with outreach to businesses and residents along the event route, attend promotional events, answer emails/social media requests)
- Programming & Activities (help to solicit programming for the event, assist with set up/tear down of programming for event day, work with street layout team for placement/amenities)
- Volunteers & Fundraising (recruit new volunteers, learn & develop volunteer training program, coordinate volunteers for event day and promotional events, assure fundraising tools are available)
- Reporting & Evaluation (create event report template, set up evaluation for event results, carry out evaluation, prepare reports for future events)
- Administration & Finances (attend committee meetings, take minutes, assist with bookkeeping tasks, answer general inquiries, direct requests to appropriate volunteers)