For Homes & Businesses
In addition to environmental outreach programs (see For Our Community), Green Venture offers certain environmental-related services on a fee-for-service basis. The organization also engages in social enterprise with sales of certain sustainable living items that appear in the EcoHouse.
These fee-for-service items include:
- residential energy auditing, using the EnerGuide rating system
- including the Union Gas Home Renovation Rebate Program
- small institutional or commercial walk-through energy assessments
- home winterproofing programs, delivered on behalf of the utilities
- including the Enbridge Gas Home Winterproofing Program
- RAIN Home Guide Services: a comprehensive look at reducing water-related problems around your property
- Environmental products sold at the EcoHouse include:
- vermicomposting (worm composting) worms and systems
- rain barrels
Green Venture is positioned to demonstrate and test new sustainable living items through the EcoHouse and our education programs. Green Venture reaches an average of 4000 visitors directly each year, with a majority of them motivated by new sustainable living ideas. If you would like to have a fully-developed product tested and displayed to the public under real-life conditions, please contact us.