Red Wiggler Worms
Green Venture offers red wiggler worms for sale through the EcoHouse.
(if purchased with cash, a 5% discount will be applied)
Red Wiggler worms (Eisenia foetida) are the most common type of worm used to compost indoors, and are an odour-free, fast method of making compost with minimal maintenance.
As they feed, red wigglers consume large amounts of organic material, digest it, extract its food value and expel the residue as worm castings, which are very rich in nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. Red wiggler worms are rapid multipliers, and break down compost more quickly them other worms. Under ideal conditions, can eat their body weight each day.
Worms are available in two-liter quantities that include: worms, bedding, and some castings. Also known as worm manure, castings contain microorganisms that help accelerate the composting process. It takes a new bin a fairly long time to establish these microorganisms if castings are not added. Green Venture also sells worm castings separately.
- Correct number of worms and cocoons, plus castings to get your vermicomposter started quickly
- Red wiggler worms can process great amounts of organic matter — quickly
- Reproduce rapidly
- Please bring your own container if possible
- We sell worms in a reused metal or plastic container. Volume: 2 L (approximately 1/2 pound of worms by weight)
Delivery is available within the Greater Hamilton Area for an additional $15.00
We cannot ship live worms by mail or courier. If you are interested in having worms shipped to you, we recommend Cathy’s Composters.
To purchase red wigglers or a worm starter kit, call 905-540-8787, x115, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Worm Composting Starter Kit)
Capacity: 250 worms
(food scraps from 2-4 adults)
Width: 43.25 cm x Length: 56 cm x Height: 38.25 cm
Weight: 7.7 kg (including starter materials and worms)
Cost – $70.00 + HST
(5% discount for cash purchases is available)
Green Venture pre-builds these economical vermicomposting bin systems for clients. The two-bin system allows for good air circulation and less maintenance than a one-bin system and is the perfect size for apartments, basements, and laundry rooms. Vermicomposting offers people with little or no backyard space, or those that have had difficulties with backyard composting, a way to reduce waste and make valuable compost. This system is complete and ready to operate when you receive it — just take home or to the office and add food!
- One of the most economical vermicomposters available
- Includes approximately 1/2 pound of worms to start worm composting, and can hold from 1,000 to 3,000
- Comes with finished compost, loaded with microorganisms to help with the composting process
- Includes shredded paper bedding, as well as wood chips or organic soil to cover food scraps
- Sturdy plastic bins separate for worm tea collection
- Available in blue
- Made from durable, lightweight plastic
Delivery available within the Greater Hamilton Area for an additional $15.00
This item is in-store only and cannot be shipped by mail or courier, due to prohibitions on shipping live worms. If you wish to have live worms shipped to you, we recommend www.cathyscomposters.com.
To order a worm shack, contact Green Venture at 905-540-8787 x115, or via email at email@example.com