A Sustainable Transportation program add-on to a regular Education Program:
Specific Expectations met by this program:
- analyse the impact of human activities and technological innovations on human health
- assess the effects of social and environmental factors on human health, and propose ways in which individuals can reduce the harmful effects of these factors and take advantage of those that are beneficial
- analyse the immediate and long-term effects of energy and resource use on society and the environment, and evaluate options for conserving energy and resources
- analyse the long-term impacts on society and the environment of human uses of energy and natural resources, and suggest ways to reduce these impacts
- evaluate the effects of various technologies on energy consumption and propose ways in which individuals can improve energy conservation
- identify renewable and non-renewable sources of energy
Description of Tour:
Get on board Green Venture’s bus education program and prepare your students to ride city transit safely and effectively. Totally Transit equips young bus riders with the tools they need to ride transit and makes the connections between our transportation choices, energy use, air quality, climate change and healthy communities. Best of all the students put their knowledge to the test on a privately chartered Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) city bus.
Green Venture and the HSR chartered bus come right to the school doors to deliver Totally Transit on-site or the bus can be your transportation to and from an EcoHouse tour. Ask for more information, limited spots are available.
For more information, call 905-540-8787, x154, or email email@example.com.