Subject: Language/Science, Technology/Health, Physical Activity
Specific Expectations met by this workshop:
- Follow one and two-step directions in different contexts
- Orally retell simple events and simple familiar stories in proper sequence
- Sort and classify groups of living and non-living things
- Describe and/or represent using their own observations, patterns, cycles in the natural world
- Pose questions and make predictions and observations before and during investigations
- Participate in environmentally friendly activities in the classroom and the school yard
- Begin to demonstrate an understanding of the effects of healthy, active living
- Investigate the benefits of nutritious foods
Description of EcoHouse experience:
Through a series of activities, games, and storytelling, students will learn how compost is good for the garden. Through hands-on demonstrations, they will learn about composting with the Green Cart and Red Wiggler worms. Students will participate in a Waste Race game where they will sort waste in its proper place. The tour will end with a final Energy Goblin game where students will learn how they can save energy and water in their homes. Students will take home a commitment sheet (which they can color) and promise to help the earth stay healthy.
To book an education program, email email@example.com or call 905-540-8787, x154.