Do you know of a publicly-used place in Hamilton that:
- Can improve its relationship with Hamilton’s water cycle? (i.e. has drainage issues, connected downspouts, or underused sod / hardscaping)
- Can host volunteer installation and maintenance events (under regular circumstances)?
- Is supported by a community passionate about learning how to improve water quality and community health?
If you answered “YES” to these questions, Green Venture wants to help by giving your site a green infrastructure (GI) “makeover”! Specifically, we’re hoping to add two or more GI features to a space where community members will be able to learn about urban runoff and green infrastructure, while enjoying a new and improved green space!
Some examples of GI features are:
- Downspout disconnection / re-direction
- Rain barrels & cisterns
- Rain gardens
- Bioswales & rock swales
- Xeriscaped garden
- Permeable hardscaping (e.g. Ecoraster, pavers)
For the 2021 season, we will be selecting one site in Ward 13 and one site in Ward 1. Sites located in all other Hamilton wards are invited to apply for consideration for future opportunities.
To be considered for a Spring 2021 Extreme Green Makeover in Ward 13, applications must be received by April 30, 2021.
To be considered for a Fall 2021 Extreme Green Makeover in Ward 1, applications must be received by June 30, 2021.
Sites will be chosen based on eligibility criteria, and the anticipated impact on our urban water cycle and community. If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com.