EcoHouse has 2 acres of native plant gardens, rain gardens, a community vegetable garden, demonstration eco-lawn patches, permeable pavers and more.
Green Gardening volunteers will assist with landscaping, gardening, and other special projects around EcoHouse.
As a Green Gardening Volunteer, you will support the maintenance and upkeep of EcoHouse, with responsibilities including:
Location : Ecohouse 22 Veevers Drive Hamilton, ON L8K 5P7
Time Commitment: A majority of Green Gardening work is conducted through April to October. This role is reoccurring. This position will begin Tuesday in July.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Harvesting from our community plots for donation
- Light carpentry
- … and more!
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Ability to use professional mowing, trimming and pruning equipment
- Strong manual skills
- Precision and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Health and physical fitness
- Willingness to learn
Please note that this is a physical position. EcoHouse is not an accessible site.
Benefits & Impact:
- Maintenance and upkeep of historic grounds
- Provide essential ecosystem services
- Foster biodiversity in the city
- Gardening may also promote good health and wellbeing
For more information on EcoHouse, please visit our website here.