We are looking for volunteers to help with harvest collection and donation drop off to N2N for our Grow A Row Program.
Starting July 7th we will begin harvest collection and delivery once a week. Volunteers will be tasked with gathering produce collected at EcoHouse and delivering to the Neighbour to Neighbour warehouse.
Volunteers shall follow COVID safety procedures, such as handling items with clean hands, wearing a mask, and keeping distance from others sharing the space.
Location Pick Up : Ecohouse 22 Veevers Drive Hamilton, ON L8K 5P7
Dates & Times Needed: Thursdays: Pick up produce donations at EcoHouse between 9:30AM to 1:30PM- Deliver to N2N warehouse before 3:30 PM
Note: The N2N warehouse only accepts donations until 3:30 PM thus the volunteer must be punctual.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Picking up produce from donors at EcoHouse
- Dropping off produce to community partners
- Recording produce weight data
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Physically fit and knowledgeable of proper lifting techniques required to lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- A valid G class license
- Closed-toed shoes are required at all times
Benefits & Impact:
- Supporting the continuation of Grow A Row Programming
- Reducing food miles and increasing access to healthy, sustainable, and local food within the Hamilton community.
- Making an impact in the lives of others
Please note: EcoHouse is not a wheel-chair accessible facility. For those with mobility limitations, there are a number of stairs required to reach the porch. Please let us know if you require accommodations and we will make other arrangements for access to EcoHouse.