Seedy Saturdays are a remarkable phenomenon. They are not one event, but a series of separate events, which have sprung up across the country, each individually and uniquely organized under the same general themes of encouraging the use of open-pollinated and heritage seeds, enabling a local seed exchange, and educating the public about seed saving and environmentally responsible gardening practices.
Seedy Saturday in 2021
The 2021 Seedy-Saturday is online this year ! This year’s Seedy Saturday features four FREE and exciting 1 hour workshops, happening online every Saturday in February. Featuring local seed vendors, businesses, free community seed access, webinars and tours around the city.
- Very organized, diligent, and a team player
- Comfortable setting up community meetings and experience with online video platforms such as Zoom/Eventbrite/Youtube/Instagram Live/Facebook Live
- Experience updating content on a website
- Passion for the environment and community-building
- Able to attend 2-3 One-hour planning meetings per month (December– February)
- Ongoing virtual commitment
- Approx. 2-4 hours a week on a flexible schedule (December – February)
- Approx. 1 hour a day as event day approaches (January -February
- Ongoing support of events as they are determined and schedule
- Approximately 2 hours per event, may vary depending on the event (February)
Volunteer Role Description
Seed Sorting Steward :
These volunteers will be crucial to the heart of seedy Saturday. Volunteer tasks will include sorting, packaging seeds, delivering seeds to seed library locations, assisting with the making of seed packs to be mailed out and organizing distribution.
Express Interest in Volunteering
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.