We are looking for volunteers to contribute to local biodiversity and food security by supporting the Hamilton Seed Library. The Hamilton Seed Library aims to empower our community to become more self-reliant, develop and cultivate sustainable gardening practices and increase accessibility to locally grown and nutritious produce.
Volunteers will be tasked with sorting and packing a variety of seeds and delivering them to various locations across Hamilton. Sorting and packing tasks can be done at home at any time you find convenient. If delivering seeds to seed libraries, volunteers will be required to follow COVID safety procedures, such as handling items with clean hands, wearing a mask, and keeping distance from others sharing the space.
Commitment Required: We would appreciate a minimum commitment of 1 day a week for between 1-2 hours.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Picking up seeds from EcoHouse
- Packing and labelling seeds for our seed libraries
- Dropping off seed envelopes to our seed libraries
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Attention to detail
- A valid G class license (or reliable form of transportation to facilitate pick ups/drop offs)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written) are required.
Benefits & Impact:
- Enabling the continuation of Hamilton Seed Library Programming
- Reducing food miles and increasing access to healthy, sustainable, and local food within the Hamilton community.
- Making an impact in the lives of others
- Sharing your love of local seeds and gardening with your community!
Express Interest in Volunteering
We're sorry, but we're no longer accepting new volunteers for this opportunity.