Looking to increase your awareness in urban forestry and get involved in your community? Green Venture is looking for volunteers to assist the Tree Equity Coordinator in compiling a database of trees around City Housing Hamilton properties. Volunteers can gain experience in learning on how to improve urban forest health and equitable tree distribution on these properties, increase your community engagement in the Greater Hamilton Area, and contribute to a better and more sustainable city!
Volunteers will be:
- Very organized, diligent, and a team player
- Passionate about urban forestry and learning about NGOs
- Want to learn how to conduct tree identification and assess tree health
- Able to travel across Hamilton
- Ability to work outdoors and commit 3-5 hours per week from July to August
If you are interested in applying and have questions please reach out to our Tree Equity Coordinator, Annabella Aoshana (email@example.com).