About Green Venture: We are an established and impactful non-profit environmental organization that works to empower Hamiltonians to implement greener practices in their homes and communities to make our city a climate champion. We operate out of EcoHouse – an 1850’s farmhouse with 2 acres of gardens, and sustainable living demonstrations in east Hamilton. Our team is focused on making positive environmental action happen every day and we use creativity, practical tools, and demonstrating environmental action to engage our community to achieve our mission. We are building our team to support a key strategic objective: to reduce climate vulnerability and impacts in our community by increasing the adoption of green stormwater infrastructure.
About the Position: We are seeking an experienced program manager to lead Green Venture’s green infrastructure programs. Current programs include Catch the RAIN, Depave Paradise, Canopy for Community and EcoHouse Garden Programs. You’ll be a strong project manager to oversee and implement existing programs and develop new initiatives, an engaging community organizer to mobilize individuals, schools, youth and neighbourhoods to take action to add green infrastructure (sustainable landscaping that manages stormwater) on their properties, an outstanding communicator to build support for Green Venture’s work and secure sponsorships and grants to fund this work, and an effective team player to work collaboratively with team members and volunteers in learning and growing our capacity.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5 years’ + experience in project management, from concept to implementation, including budgeting and evaluation;
- Strong community engagement, relationship-building, and partnership development experience, leading to action and measurable impact;
- Enthusiastic and creative self-starter, with demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and problem-solving skills;
- Success in bringing funders and financial support to projects;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and support staff and volunteers;
- Expertise in the field of green stormwater management, demonstrated by post-secondary education or experience in fields related to green infrastructure, such as: ecology, environmental engineering, environmental science or studies, indigenous environmental studies, landscape architecture, water resources, conservation, environmental planning, horticulture, or forestry, and knowledge of various green infrastructure best management practices and policy issues, including: green roofs, rainwater harvesting, bioswales, permeable pavement, rain gardens, and source control approaches.
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension subject to funding.
- Salary range of $47,000 to $51,000 with benefits.
- 35 hours per week, with occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Reference Check.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in one PDF file to the Executive Director, Giuliana Casimirri, firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the Job Title in the subject line, no later than midnight, Monday September 7, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Video or phone interviews will be scheduled during business hours. Please include with your cover letter and resume a list of professional references. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.