About Green Venture:
We are an established and impactful non-profit environmental organization that
works to empower our community to implement greener practices in their homes and communities to
make our city a climate champion. Our team is focused on making positive environmental action happen
every day and we use creativity, practical tools, and demonstrating environmental action to engage our
community to achieve our mission.
We are building our team to support a key strategic objective: Help residents make their day to day lives
greener to reduce emissions by providing unbiased and expert guidance to residents interested in
improving the energy efficiency of their homes to ensure maximum impact for money spent.
About the Opportunity:
- Knowledge or experience in Building Science, Home Construction or Home Inspections
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication, highly organized, attention to detail with a positive attitude and interest in the Energy and Environment sectors
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly developed math and computer skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Web Based Applications with an aptitude to learn internal software and relevant applications
Further Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of a criminal background check
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, full G required
- Access to a personal insured vehicle as well as being able to travel to surrounding communities along with general and automotive liability coverage.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Acquisition and maintenance of Registered Energy Advisor Certification with NRCan.
- Successful completion of the Foundation Level Exam is required prior to training. Additional training provided by Green Communities Canada (Service Organization) is required.
- See: https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy-efficiency/energy-efficiency-homes/professional-opportunities/how-become-nrcan-registered-energy-advisor/20566
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in one PDF file to the
Executive Director, Giuliana Casimirri, firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the Job Title in the
subject line. The ideal start date for this position is Spring 2021 but applications will be reviewed
as they are received. Video or phone interviews will be scheduled during business hours. Please
include with your cover letter and resume a list of professional references. We thank all
applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Green Venture is an equal opportunity employer. Green Venture is committed to employment equity
and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized
groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual
orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.