The Green Venture NATURhoods residential rebate program provides several incentives, including a rebate from Green Venture, for Hamilton residents to install approved green infrastructure projects on their own or by hiring a contractor.
A limited number of projects will be funded in 2024 (up to $500 per household). Projects are selected if they meet program requirements and will be assessed on the expected impact to stormwater management, as well as integration of design workshop elements demonstrated in applications and home consultations.
Applications for 2024 will open in March 2024 after the design workshops. Interested applicants must attend a workshop.
As there are limited spots available, preferred projects are:
- in public view, where the general public would come across this project and learn more about Green Infrastructure
- properties that address drainage and stormwater issues (ie. homes that experience flooding, homes that have lots of existing
- impermeable surfaces that do not absorb water)
- homeowners who are willing to share their experience with the larger community (may include participating in video or in-person tours)
- gardens that will prioritize using native plants (not ornamental or invasive species)
- located in the Chedoke Creek area (Ward 1, 2, 8, 7, 12)
- applicants who have not received a NATURhoods rebate before