Grow a Row is back for the 2023 season! Join us, support urban food growing and provide means for the sharing of locally grown, quality food. By participating in Grow a Row, you can continue to help fight food insecurity and increase accessibility of healthy food among Hamiltonians.
To participate in Grow a Row, sign up as a grower through our website and donate your surplus of home grown food to any of our listed locations below from June – October. The EcoHouse is not open to donations this year, but please drop off your donations to any of the following locations at your convenience:
- Neighbour to Neighbour Centre: 28 Athens St, Hamilton, ON L9C 3K8
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm and Thursday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Hamilton Regional Indian Centre: 34 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y7
- Hours of operation: Monday- Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Mission Services (East Hamilton Food Centre) : 625 Greenhill Rd
- Hours of operation: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Community Fridges : Today’s Family Early Learning and Child Gilkson (west mountain) 44 Greendale Dr and Community Fridges : Crown Point East Ottawa Market 204 Ottawa St. N
- More information about donation guidelines for the fridges can be found here
Take The Pledge:
As you make plans for the upcoming growing season, consider growing an extra row or patch in your garden to grow for your community.
Want to learn more about growing and giving food for donation contact firstname.lastname@example.org