Seedy Saturday is in three short months – February 1st 2020! Here at Green Venture we are in the planning stages of this wonderful community event you all know and love. You can help too! Every year we get an overwhelming amount of seeds during the event that are need to be divided into smaller quantities so people can take them home to grow and enjoy. We love to receive your seeds – but would appreciate it if they could come in ready to go! It’s easy!
- Make sure seeds are clean and dry
- Place what would be grown in an average urban garden row e.g 5 tomato seeds, 3 pumpkin seeds (take seeds for this growing season only, get fresh ones at Seedy Saturday next year)
- Place in small package – small resealable bag, paper envelope or homemade envelopes
- Label – please include the name, cultivar if you have it and any important information e.g Tiny Tim Tomatoes, mini type or Green Bush Beans
- Keep each type of seeds separate for easy placement on the swap tables
- Bring to Seedy Saturday and place in appropriate categories on the swap tables
You will be surprised how simple this task is, but it does take some time to start early. So now that the trowels, rakes and gloves are away, settle in to dream of spring with the miracles that seeds are in our world.