About the Role: We are transforming Church of Saint John the Evangelist with an extreme green makeover! Join Green Venture, Church of Saint John the Evangelist, WaterFarmers and Avesi as we build a stormwater management garden on Locke St. Over two events the community will be supporting our team in building a rain harvesting tank system, dry rock swale, rain garden and pollinator garden. Join our event to learn more about stormwater management to protect our communities including the natural waterways and gain hands-on experience building and planting green infrastructure.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help helping shape soil
- Moving rocks to swales
- Applying mulch
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Closed-toed shoes required at all times
Benefits & Impact:
- Volunteer hours (if applicable)
- Supporting green infrastructure in our community to help reduce stormwater runoff protecting our communities including the natural waterways.
Transportation & Parking:
- Church of Saint John the Evangelist is located near bus route 07 (Hillcrest Loop)
- We encourage active and sustainable modes of transportation to our events
- Street parking is available nearby
Please note: Please let us know if you require accommodations and we will make other arrangements for the volunteer opportunity.