Model/Photo Release Agreement
I understand and agree that any photographs and/or videos taken of me or my dependents volunteering may be used in the promotion of Green Venture. They may be published or used for any application in newspapers, magazines, film, television commercials, posters, slide presentations, electronic communication formats, or otherwise displayed to the public or used for educational, fundraising, communication, information or training purposes – either in whole or in part by Green Venture or a third party on Green Venture’s behalf. I understand and agree that I will not receive any compensation for the taking or use of these photographs and/or videos.
Health & Safety
To ensure the comfort, safety, and well-being of unpaid personnel, where risks are known to exist, volunteers will be informed to the best of our ability of any hazardous material, practice or process that they may encounter while engaged in agency business. A detailed safety plan and training will be reviewed with volunteers prior to work.
Terms of Agreement and Waiver
This states the standard rights and responsibilities of a volunteer. Please read carefully.
As a volunteer for Green Venture, I, or my dependent, am freely providing my services to this project, and I am voluntarily choosing to accept all risks of injury, known and unknown, including serious injury or death, arising from or while performing volunteer services. Green Venture maintains liability insurance for all volunteer activities provided I follow the health and safety precautions outlined. I and my estate agree to willingly participate in health and safety training provided by Green Venture. I desire to work as a volunteer for Green Venture and engage in the day’s activities including using various gardening tools. I understand these activities do have risk and I will act accordingly. I understand that if my actions are outside of the rules and precautions outlined for the day’s activities I agree to fully release, indemnity, and hold harmless the officials, directors, administrators, employees, agents and volunteers of Hamilton-Wentworth Green Venture, its sponsors, and the City of Hamilton, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, or expenses whatsoever, including medical and/or legal.
- I desire to work as a volunteer for Green Venture and engage in the day’s activities. I understand the activities, and associated responsibilities and risks, as outlined in the position description.
- I understand that my involvement in this program is a privilege, not a right, and that if I do not follow guidelines and respect all volunteers and supervisors this privilege may be revoked.
- I understand that in accepting a volunteer position with Green Venture, I am committing myself to act in compliance with the beliefs, values, policies, and processes of Green Venture.
- I understand that safety and training and accountability are key support for my position. I will actively participate in safety and training and ask questions if something is unclear. I will fulfill any task to which I am assigned or contact a supervisor if I am not able or comfortable with completing a task.
- I know that Green Venture will maintain a file with all applicants in compliance with appropriate legislation. This information is private and will be kept in a secure location.
COVID-19 Mandatory Screening
- By signing below, I acknowledge the following:
I will abide by health precautions required by Green Venture as recommended by Hamilton’s Medical Officer of Health for this event.
- I am not experiencing any of the following symptoms which may indicate COVID-19:
- Fever (temperature 37.8 Celsius or higher)
- Shortness of breath
- New or worsening cough
Less common symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty swallowing
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose or nasal congestion in the absence of underlying reasons such as seasonal allergies
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
3. I acknowledge that neither I, nor minors in my care:
- Have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Have had contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness who has travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days