When you grow your own food and share it locally, you are creating a more resilient, healthy and connected community:
- shortening the food miles fresh food travels
- reducing the amount of pesticides and chemicals used
- increasing access to local, nutritious food
DO YOU HAVE SPACE IN YOUR GARDEN TO GROW A LITTLE EXTRA?
TAKE THE PLEDGE TO GROW A ROW HERE.
By joining as a Grower, you are helping to fight food insecurity and increasing access to healthy, sustainable, and local food sources within the Hamilton community.
Participants can drop off their surplus garden veggies starting early July at their convenience at the following locations :
Neighbour to Neighbour Centre: 28 Athens St, Hamilton, ON L9C 3K8
- Hours of operation: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm and Thursday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Hamilton Regional Indian Centre: 34 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Y7
- Hours of operation: Monday- Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Mission Services (East Hamilton Food Centre) : 625 Greenhill Rd
- Hours of operation: Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Community Fridges : Today’s Family Early Learning and Child Gilkson (west mountain) 44 Greendale Dr and Community Fridges : Crown Point East Ottawa Market 204 Ottawa St. N
- More information about donation guidelines for the fridges can be found here
*Please note that for the 2023 season EcoHouse location will not be open for donation drop off